Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Exchange2007:Mutual TLS for domain security--Partner usage type of Send connector

Mutual TLS for domain security of Exchange 2007 provides a relatively low cost alternative to S/MIME and other message-level security solutions.

A trusted certificate authority must be in place. Both company A and B must trust the CA.

Partner Send connector only has Ms-Exch-Send-Headers-Routing permission. Follow my blog Exchange 2007:TLS and the following:

Domain A:
Assuming the toPartnerB send connector is created;
Set-SendConnector toPartnerB -DomainSecureEnabled:$true

Domain B: partner
Set-TransportConfig -TLSReceiveDomainSecureList DomainA.com
Set-ReceiveConnector 'Default B' -DomainSecureEnabled:$true -AuthMechanism TLS.
========
I didn't complete the LAB. It seems straight-forward and I don't think it worths my time to do lab, as long as I know it only implements the encryption security among two domains' transport servers.